Maui Forums

Full Version: Maui
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After using Linux Mint for a very long time, I tried Maui and I must say. It is wonderful. Thanks for all the work. It is stable, looks good and is fast.
Gr. Eef
Thanks Sonneveld!
I think the same, also Sonneveld, I using LM for long time, when I try Maui since Maui1, I very happy with Maui, stable, fast...
A great work of developer Maui team!
+1. Ditto.
Oh yes !!! MAUI is the winner !!!!!!!!
I am working now already for a few Maui, incl. WPS, DBeaver, Gnumeric etc, installed my printer and scanner. Everything worked fine within just a few clicks of the mouse. Awesome. Maui is my new PC-Home.
Great work. Smile
Excuses. I am working now for a few DAYS etc. Sorry for any grammar mistakes. English is not my mothertongue.
I ditto this. I'm liking Maui very much - though I haven't enough experience with other distributions to be able to compare them. But since I went ahead and installed Maui on my HD instead of in a VM, the only real problems I've had are: Touchpad is a bit touchy and User doesn't know enough yet. Coming from a mac, with the vague horror stories I'd heard about linux, I'm very pleasantly surprised.
(12th November 2016, 23:42)Chelle Wrote: [ -> ]I ditto this.  I'm liking Maui very much - though I haven't enough experience with other distributions to be able to compare them.  But since I went ahead and installed Maui on my HD instead of in a VM, the only real problems I've had are:  Touchpad is a bit touchy and User doesn't know enough yet.  Coming from a mac, with the vague horror stories I'd heard about linux, I'm very pleasantly surprised.

Hi Chelle. I was interested to read your "Coming from a mac, with the vague horror stories I'd heard about linux, I'm very pleasantly surprised". It gave me this [dumb / crazy / stupid?] idea. Maybe it would be interesting for people to read, in a new dedicated thread in "General Talk", the condensed stories of those of us now here in the "Maui family", but whose "computer lineage" was originally NOT Linux at all... ie, brand new to all computing, or [maybe more likely] came to Linux from Windows or Mac. This would doubtless be boring & irrelevant to hardcore Linuxers who never bothered in past lives with other platforms but always chose Linux. However for we mere mortals, who found our way here indirectly from other places, i thought the stories might be rather interesting. I mean, it can't be random, can it, that we now use Linux if we originally didn't; so there logically must be specific reasons that motivated us to have to undertake all the significant disruption & steep learning curve incumbent in making a major platform change [then of course, it could be a whole other thread to discuss all the various Linux distros & DE's with which we might have experimented, after choosing Linux, before ultimately finding Maui]. Anyone feel a dedicated thread could be of some interest? Maybe i'm just being silly.
Since 1990 I allways used Macs. First a Performa 400. Later on the iMacs, a PowerMac and a laptop. Already for a few years I use Linux.

Gr. Evert Sonneveld
Pages: 1 2