Maui Forums

Full Version: same old tearing problem on nvidia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well,i use a desktop and my nvidia is a gtx 750 ti,the linux kernel that i have installed is the last 1 i found on the ubuntu ppa repo,4.8.9 (which did gaved me errors on kms of virtualbox but i uninstall them),the version of the nvidia driver that i have right now is 367 as i did got it thru the normal way in linux.The tearing problem i tryed to fix it googling around but nothing worked for me for a simple reason,all the fixes found r for laptops using that optimus thing,which is not my case,the other solution was for XFCE DE which i actually don't like it (megacity+compton),and i have another question,i did checked the info center,at graphical information,under opengl subsection and i have 2 unknown parts that i have no idea how to change them (maybe is a part of the tearing problem too ?) : 3d Accelerator unknown and Kernel module unknown,i can get as up as 375 nvidia driver that support my nvidia card,but i get same resolts....any solutions ? Oh,1 more thing to add,the tearing is only bothering me in firefox,when scrooling and watching movies,i didn't had tearing problems in games so far
Have you read this thread and tried all configuration options from there?

https://forums.mauilinux.org/showthread.php?tid=24037

I know it's for Optimus, but some of the things might work for normal nvidia as well...
thanks,i do have the prime installed,i think it comes with the nvidia driver or anyway it does install with it too,but i have no options as it say there to chose to use nvidia only,that to me is chineese (sord of speak) coz i didn't found that option,and yes,i did tryed once with that bumblebee to but with no resolts,as is not ment to work on this kinda things like i have,yes i do have that vsync to black activated (it is that way by default),no,in bios i don't have options for nvidia coz is not part of the motherboard,so no options for that,that is only on laptops i believe),yes i do have the options in compositor as full repaint,no i don't have the file for triple buffer,i will try it out,and yet,is a question that still remain,why i have those 2 unknown ? what is that meaning ? i have no 3d acceleration ?
When I open Info center I have also 2 unknowns there, but all works OK, so I wouldn't bother with that much, if I were you Wink
well,i wont bother with that either now,but,i saw u wrote there that u had a kwin.sh with those 2 lines,i don't have that,or maybe i looked in the wrong place,but i made that file in the /etc/profile.d/ but not sure if i have to do more than that,maybe put it in startup or somethin ? to be loaded at first ? i am now goin to install the 375 driver,ik that all look different after that,is like the refresh is higher or that the colours r much intense...oh,i did downloaded the nvidia drivers from the nvidia site too,same version which comes as run file,but the last time i tryed to install it i got errors coz of the neauvo driver,coz of the incompatibility i think and it didn't installed,even after the driver did tryed to put a thing for it,don't remember what it was,a script file anyway and it didn't worked
Yes, the kwin.sh has to be created by you - it isn't there by default. Just give it 755 permissions (execute bit) and restart.
ooh,ok,another thing,do i have to install mesa 3d too ? does improve anything in any way ?

ps : i know that maui 2 comes with mesa 11.ish but i saw that is there a version 12.0.4 too and a newest 13.0.1-1 version (i didn't found a ppa for the last 1),but i saw a gallium nine thing and i have no idea if that will improve anything on nvidia card,even tho all i've read on the gallium nine page is just 1 reference on nvidia,but more on the other cards...
ps 2 : i did looked at system info and at graphics it shows mesa 3d : 0.0,curious that is not showing the 11.ish
Mesa only comes into play when you are using the nouveau driver for nvidia not the nvidia proprietary driver.