Maui Forums

Full Version: Can not add User to system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good day every body!
I have some problem with maui. I can't add any user by using kuser application.
Is there an error message ?
Can you start kuser from the terminal to see if it throws out any error message.
Wasn't kuser replaced by user-manager in Plasma 5?
I do believe that kuser is still QT4, kdebase-runtime version 4 and kdepimlibs4 based in kde applications 16.08.3.
(5th December 2016, 15:35)AJSlye Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't kuser replaced by user-manager in Plasma 5?
I do believe that kuser is still QT4, kdebase-runtime version 4 and kdepimlibs4 based in kde applications 16.08.3.

Indid. I have used user-manager from setting, and it does want to work( do not created any users, after i fil needed grafs and clik "apply"). But when i install and use Kuser, it was work well. So sorry for my wrong question. It not about kuser, it is about user-manager.
I suppose that user-manager do not ask for root permission as I already observed.
SM
Well, user-manager depends on accountsservices which uses polkit to authenticate.
Could it be polkit that is the issue?
Stopped working for me as well. Before 5.8.3 it worked OK, now I also cannot create any user using the user-manager.
My appologize, who is "polkit"©? I am not full understand what u mean. Sorry, bat I am serius about it.
Polkit or policykit is a software used for authentication on your system. It should for example prompt the main user for his password if the user wants to change some systemwide settings.
(9th December 2016, 12:07)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Polkit or policykit is a software used for authentication on your system. It should for example prompt the main user for his password if the user wants to change some systemwide settings.

How can i change setiing of polkit? Or simple see it seting?
Pages: 1 2