Maui Forums

Full Version: Flash / videosand firefox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
Since a few days ago, in firefox, if I view some video in a total screen are very slow, with chromium I don't have this problem, but with firefox yes. The videos in a total screen are slow or slowed down (from youtube, or a local tv channel in live....)
I search if any update can made this, but I don't view any.

Sorry if I not explained very well.

Regards.
So fullscreen is dropping frames.
Firefox should use hardware acceleration for this.
Can you take a look at the address aboutConfusedupport and scroll a little bit down to see the graphics section. Please post a Screenshot of this.
Yes, is a fullscreen.

I review and yess, firefox are configured for use hardware acceleration.

This is the screenshot.

[Image: 209d9f2feed1344bf93bb31b3f50e2c5o.jpg]
Please take a screenshot from the address as otherwise we don't know if it is really using hardware acceleration or not. (The checkbox in settings only tells us that it should use the acceleration but not if it is really using it)
Code:
about:support
Apologize for the confusion.

There are 2 screenshot from my 2 computers (are the same config but with other graphic card).

[Image: c293d573ab4505fe061e70303a40e074o.jpg]

[Image: 8bff50c872e0d6abd4783bf13666dad9o.jpg]
So hardware compositing is blocked.
Though can you just out of curiosity test with hardware acceleration turned off in settings and see if it makes it work.

Otherwise you can also try force enabling the hardware compositing by entering the address
Code:
about:config
and then search for
layers.acceleration.force-enabled aswell as layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled make sure both are set to true.
Finally start firefox by executing the following in a terminal (close existing windows beforehand)
Code:
export MOZ_USE_OMTC=1 ; firefox

Hope that works for you. If it does you can write the variable into the environment file so it stays put on every reboot. You can do so by executing
Code:
sudo bash -c "echo export MOZ_USE_OMTC=1 >> /etc/environment"
(22nd December 2016, 13:58)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
about:config
and then search for
layers.acceleration.force-enabled aswell as layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled make sure both are set to true.
Hi,
The last:
layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled

Not appears, the first yes, but the last not.
Only have this 3 about layers.offmainthreadcomposition.xxx:

layers.offmainthreadcomposition.async-animations
layers.offmainthreadcomposition.frame-rate
layers.offmainthreadcomposition.log-animations

Only change the first, and I don't made any more in wait of your help.

Regards.
So it did not help ?
Sorry if I not explained well, my last phrase, I mean, I was waiting for directions.

Well, I made the changes that you indicate, byt in the about:config, like indicate above, only appears this value:
layers.acceleration.force-enabled
This other value not appears:
layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled

I change layers.acceleration.force-enabled to true, and then, in konsole export MOZ_USE_OMTC=1 ; firefox

But I view that, any change, continue the same.
That is indeed very disappointing.
Normally those issues are caused by hardware acceleration stuff. But when the problem appears with it enabled and disabled I don't know what to try else.
Pages: 1 2