Maui Forums

Full Version: firefox problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(18th January 2017, 16:36)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th January 2017, 14:21)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th January 2017, 11:46)MariusApo Wrote: [ -> ]browser.download.animateNotifications;                              default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.dir;                                                      user set;   string;     ///home/mariusapo/Downloads
browser.download.folderList;                                             user set;   integer;   2
browser.download.forbid_open_with;                                   default;    boolean;  false
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions;              default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.importedFromSqlite;                                user set;  boolean;   true
browser.download.lastDir;                                                 user set;   string;      ~
browser.download.loglevel;                                                default;    string;     Error
browser.download.manager.addToRecentDocs;                       default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.manager.resumeOnWakeDelay;                  default;   integer;    10000
browser.download.manager.showWhenStarting;                     user set;   boolean;   false
browser.download.panel.firstSessionCompleted;                    user set;   boolean;   true
browser.download.panel.shown;                                          user set;   boolean;   true
browser.download.saveLinkAsFilenameTimeout;                     default;    integer;    4000
browser.download.save_converter_index;                             user set;   integer;    0
browser.download.show_plugins_in_list;                               default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.useDownloadDir;                                     default;   boolean;    true
services.sync.prefs.sync.browser.download.useDownloadDir;    default;   boolean;   true

i dunno if i opened the hidden settings,but this are the lines u asked for,i guess,even tho i see there an error at loglevel

These look OK to me
Do All your downloaded files go to /tmp?

I would try changing 3 settings, just for the sake of an experiment:
1. please try to switch browser.download.useDownloadDir to false
2. please try to switch browser.download.dir to /home/mariusapo/Downloads
3. please try to switch browser.download.lastDir to /home/mariusapo/Downloads

You'll see how it works.

so u just saying to actually delete the 2 // and try it with only 1,even tho it does look strange with 3 to me,but i will try and let u know
well rocky7x,ur a genius,it worked,not sure if coz of both changes,1 and 2,didn't changed the 3rd,but it seems that 1 of them did the trick,or maybe both,but i still wander what was that all about with the 3 slashes
Glad that it worked ;-) Might be a bug in firefox somewhere...
dam,i reinstalled maui again,not coz of problem,but just coz i couldn't manually uninstall plasma 5.8.5 from kubuntu and wanted to install the neon version,that btw,i didn't either,but now i have the same symptoms as i had be4,i did the changes and nothing,it still bypass my settings,and another question,how come that the dam firefox can write in a directory where i need sudo or su password without even asking ? that is really bad and i really wander how the hack is even chosed that directory by itself to write in ?,i checked all the lines in config and i couldn't find that path anywhere...
It is a mystery to me too
i managed to fix it in a very strange way if u might say that,i have on my pc 4 linux distros and windows,but i have in all the firefox sync activated,so,i just got in another distro,in this case,neon and i just opened up the firefox after the sync finished,i just rebooted and got in maui again,opened up firefox,let it sync and all work fine,is not a fix,but i believe that all firefoxes save the settings between them too ? anyway it worked this little trick and is fine for me now,but that thing it was doing it is a real mistery and really strange,especially for the path and for the permission it has for that without askin,well,u might think that is maybe coz of an addon ??? but i only use addons that maybe all use,some blocking addons like adblock and addons for youtube,that is all....
Firefox just started doing the same for me as well, but only on 1 machine. However, it picks my home dir for all downloads, no matter what setting I choose. I've set to ask for a download dir at each download and have the lastDir set to something else than my homedir. Unfortunately, it always just shows the homedir. The question is: could this be caused by the plasmazilla modification to the firefox? Since on this machine it worked before, but I think that after an update to firefox 51 it stopped...
I think I've somehow solved the issue, though it might be a crazy solution. I found other 2 parameters:

Code:
browser.open.lastDir      was set to my Desktop dir
ui.allow_platform_file_picker   set to true by default

What I did is, reset the first one to empty and set the second to false. Then restarted firefox and with the default (ugly) firefox directory picker, it used the last dir for downloads correctly. Then I set the picker to true again and after a restart it also works fine with the Plasma picker. Strange, maybe something got reset, but seems that it works. Hopefully, it might help someone in the future...
Pages: 1 2