Maui Forums

Full Version: Firefox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(27th January 2017, 3:16)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]This latest FF update also fixed a weird fault in my FF 50... despite my setting it to open with all tabs from previous session, it ignored that each time & instead opened in default first-run style, ie, only a single tab, being google [yuck]. Now FF 51.0 is behaving correctly again.

Firefox open tabs from the last session, if so setting set and in your case it corrupts hidden .mozilla file. This is solved by creating a backup of your bookmarks and add-ons eg. FEBE. Wipe .mozilla directory, picks up Firefox and install FEBE and restore bookmarks and add-ons or install add-ons. Smile.
(27th January 2017, 13:15)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Firefox 51.0.1 should land any minute in the releases plasmazilla ppa which has the locales fixed again. So no workaround is necessary besides upgrading.

So in this case the firefox-locale-it should work again with firefox-plasma package.

Checked and it works perfectly with language pack firefox locale fr.
SM
(27th January 2017, 15:34)ali_deda Wrote: [ -> ]
(27th January 2017, 3:16)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]This latest FF update also fixed a weird fault in my FF 50... despite my setting it to open with all tabs from previous session, it ignored that each time & instead opened in default first-run style, ie, only a single tab, being google [yuck]. Now FF 51.0 is behaving correctly again.

Firefox open tabs from the last session, if so setting set and in your case it corrupts hidden .mozilla file. This is solved by creating a backup of your bookmarks and add-ons eg. FEBE. Wipe .mozilla directory, picks up Firefox and install FEBE and restore bookmarks and add-ons or install add-ons. Smile.

No, with respect, you missed the point. I am entirely aware of how to set the Settings to open the previous session at next start, & that's exactly how i set it. My point was that there was something weird with that specific version of FF as installed in my OS, because FF did NOT obey my settings. Furthermore, i did not make ANY changes to my settings before the latest updated FF arrived, & lo & behold, after the upgrade it resumed behaving correctly. Thanks anyway. 
Okay, so you say.I have no special version of Firefox that you use, do not know anything for these special versions. I have 8 Linux distributions on my PC, to have some setting set to remember the open tabs on some setting FF to not remember tabs. All FF worked OK. Linux is magic ...Are you the developer of Mozilla or Maui2 distribution, I see that you are constantly writing to the forum. I welcome and I'm sorry to bother you.
Pages: 1 2