Maui Forums

Full Version: Solved: how to activate German dictionary for Kmail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have many options for dictionaries in Kmail, but no German one. The latest version of "language-pack-de-base
" and "language-pack-de" is installed, though.
You need one of the global dictionaries kmail and other kde apps use either myspell-de-de or hunspell-de-de or aspell-de. I personally use myspell-de-de on this machine and hunspell-de-de on others. I think it does not really matter for the most part which of them you install.
(30th January 2017, 13:35)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]You need one of the global dictionaries kmail and other kde apps use either myspell-de-de or hunspell-de-de or aspell-de. I personally use myspell-de-de on this machine and hunspell-de-de on others. I think it does not really matter for the most part which of them you install.

Thank you very much! I succeeded with hunspell-de-de.

Where exactly is the actual dictitionary file located so that I can set up an automatic backup? It makes sense to invest into this dictionary only, if I can preserve it over some years ;-)
You should find it in /usr/share/hunspell
(30th January 2017, 15:31)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]You should find it in /usr/share/hunspell

Both
Code:
de-DE.aff

and

Code:
de-DE.dic

?

What is the difference between the two?
You need both files.
One is the dictionary file of words and applicable flags, the other is the affix file that specifies how the flags are used to control spell checking.
Aha! Thank you very much. Very helpful!
Could you please edit the typo in the subject? I just saw I made a typo. Thanks!
Sorry moderators can't edit other people's posts. Please edit and correct the typo yourself.
Ahh.. now I found how to do it. Sorry (!) for taking your time. I pressed the wrong button.