Maui Forums

Full Version: UFW Warning messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed ufw-kde (incl. python-ufw & ufw) and was going to add some rules. But did not proceed because of 2 warning messages viz:

WARN: uid is 0 but '/' is owned by 1000
WARN: / is group writable!

I searched this forum for 'ufw issues' without getting any results but found a couple of ostensible fixes on the Internet but am unsure of their validity because of their date of issue.

I am a non-technical person and kindly request assistance to make these messages go away, thanks.
Can you go into your / directory and see if it is really world writable by checkints permissions in the properties.
If it is really world writeable try changing it in the same settings.

Otherwise you can ignore this warning.
(16th February 2017, 10:55)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Can you go into your / directory and see if it is really world writable by checkints permissions in the properties.
If it is really world writeable try changing it in the same settings.

Otherwise you can ignore this warning.

The root folder is empty.

As mentioned in my previous post there are two (2) warning messages viz:
WARN: uid is 0 but '/' is owned by 1000
WARN: / is group writable!

I rechecked and found that "WARN: uid is 0 but '/' is owned by 1000" has magically disappeared!?

There is still "WARN: / is group writable!".

Okay, I ignore this warning and hope it won't compromise safety and security of my paid vpn services.