Maui Forums

Full Version: Font of Back in time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
Is there anybody who can tell me where "Back in time" takes the font from? I just have such a small font and I don't know where to change it for a bigger one?
Kind regards,
Sigurd
Ha, that's interesting -- i have the opposite preference!  Tongue

For me, the default font is too big; i'd like it to be the same Noto Sans 8 that i use for Dolphin [& everywhere else, per Maui's System Settings - Font Settings]. I looked in BiT's config file, in /home/~/.config/backintime, but it has no font settings there as far as i could understand. I wonder if we could manually add it into there... but if so, i don't know the protocol.
I think backintime is still based on qt4 so maybe qtconfig-qt4 can help you configuring it. Though it is strange that it does not use the global font settings (as other kde4libs or qt4 based apps do)
(22nd April 2017, 10:16)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]I think backintime is still based on qt4 so maybe qtconfig-qt4 can help you configuring it. Though it is strange that it does not use the global font settings (as other kde4libs or qt4 based apps do)

Oh wow -- wonderful -- your suggestion worked brilliantly -- thank you. 

Not only has this now fixed the fonts to my liking in BiT, but also FireJail's FireToolsKeePassX [always had "huge" fonts; much too big for my tastes... but now good]. 
(22nd April 2017, 13:11)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]
(22nd April 2017, 10:16)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]I think backintime is still based on qt4 so maybe qtconfig-qt4 can help you configuring it. Though it is strange that it does not use the global font settings (as other kde4libs or qt4 based apps do)

Not only has this now fixed the fonts to my liking in BiT, but also FireJail's FireToolsKeePassX [always had "huge" fonts; much too big for my tastes... but now good]. 

Hi leszek,
when I try to search for qtconfig-qt4 in dolphin I only get an error message (process died unexpectedly). Even if I start Dolphin as super administrator with kdesudo dolphin I get that error message. But interesting is that dolphin in super administrator mode seems to use the same small font.
Kind regards,
Sigurd
(26th April 2017, 19:34)Sigurd Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi leszek,
when I try to search for qtconfig-qt4 in dolphin 

Oh, no. You don't use Dolphin, you need to use Synaptic, or Konsole, to INSTALL it. Once you have it installed, you can launch it, & then in its pretty nice GUI, you can adjust the fonts for qt4 pgms.

[attachment=1251]

[attachment=1252]
Hi leszek,

as usual, when I have a problem, you know what to do. Thank you very much. I could fix the problem and got a nice readable font in Backintime - great.

Kind regards,
Sigurd
(22nd April 2017, 13:11)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh rats. None of my Qt4 pgms retain my changed font settings across reboots. All of them are great, within the session that i do the edit, but after next boot they lose my settings again. I have to keep re-editing. Is there a way to make the changes permanent pls?
Usually they should be permanent. The config is written in ~/.config/Trolltech.conf
Make sure this file is writable.
Thanks. It is writable, I am the owner, & its permissions are:   -rw-r--r--

Reading the file in Kate, down near the bottom [in red font; is that bad?], is:
Code:
font="Noto Sans,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0"
fontPath=@Invalid()

Noto Sans 8 is my setting. Is the "Invalid" indicative of a fault?

Other than those 2 questions, nothing seems to be incorrect, yet my edits just do not "stick".   :-(
Pages: 1 2