Maui Forums

Full Version: Problems with Audio Recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you go on intput source can't you just change the source to Line In in either of those two shown ?
Yes, there are the 3 options in those two shown of Input Source:
Line
Rear Mic
Front Mic

Change to 3 options and I have the same result.
These are only for recording hence the recording tab of alsamixer.
(24th May 2017, 16:03)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]These are only for recording hence the recording tab of alsamixer.

Sorry, I don't understand very well this.
So if you set the input source to line and change the volume for line you can't record anything through this?
(24th May 2017, 16:34)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]So if you set the input source to line and change the volume for line you can't record anything through this?

Yes, I can record but with the volume max at 10 or 15%.

Connect my external player and yes, I can record, but not hear, only record.
I continue the search for view how solved this.
For me, its very strange that, with linux, you can not connect a external player and hear in computer with speaker's computer, for example.
Its very strange this...
This problem its in my computer or its in linux in general?
In my tests that I have been doing, I made a mistake, I install oem-audio-hda-daily-lts-xenial-dkms and when restart, I don't have audio.
Systemsettings not view any card sound (my HDA and my HDMI.
I uninstall this package, but the problem continue, the system not view any card sound...

A rather serious error ...

Its possible solved this?

Regards.
Did installing that package remove any other package? Did you reboot after removing it?

Installing random packages won't fix a configuration issue.
Like I said unmuting Line or Rear Mic depending on what you use to record should be enough to hear something before recording.
Hi,
When I installed this package, I don't remove any other package.
Yes, reboot after uninstall this new package.
Now, is not problem of configuration, now, I don't have any card sound in my system, if go to systemsettings, audio & video, not appear any card sound for select and config (my internal and my hdmi) only appears:
Output for Dummies

Its like if some file, blocks to view any some card sound, because I uninstall this package and continue the same problem.

This problem its paralel to the start of this thread. Now, like I indicate, I don't have audio, and I don't have any sound card for select in my system...

Edit: Update: I search about this, I view this for solved this issue (only Dummy Output and any card sound):
Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-image-`uname -r`
sudo modprobe snd-hda-intel
rm -r ~/.config/pulse*
pulseaudio -k
Perfect, with this, again have card sound and I have audio.
But the problem ot the start this thread, continue (not have audio when connect a external player...)

Regards.
Pages: 1 2 3