Maui Forums

Full Version: Problems with Audio Recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nice that you solved that part for yourself Smile

As for the main issue of this thread.
If your alsamixer first page still looks like this: http://www.subirimagenes.com/descargar.p...409&tipo=6 (btw. very bad image uploading site. Crashing my browser here and spams even with adblocking in place like crazy. Perhaps for future reference use imgur)

then it clearly shows that line and rear mic channels are muted (the MM means Muted both channels).
To unmute navigate with the arrow keys to the channel like line and hit m key which toggles between mute/unmute. Both channels should have green 00. After that I guess the volume is too high you can change the volume with arrow down aswell.
That should make it possible to hear everything coming from either Line or the Rear Mic.
(28th May 2017, 12:30)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Nice that you solved that part for yourself Smile
Smile

Quote:As for the main issue of this thread.
If your alsamixer first page still looks like this: http://www.subirimagenes.com/descargar.p...409&tipo=6 (btw. very bad image uploading site. Crashing my browser here and spams even with adblocking in place like crazy. Perhaps for future reference use imgur)
In the future, I use imgur Smile

Quote:then it clearly shows that line and rear mic channels are muted (the MM means Muted both channels).
To unmute navigate with the arrow keys to the channel like line and hit m key which toggles between mute/unmute. Both channels should have green 00. After that I guess the volume is too high you can change the volume with arrow down aswell.
That should make it possible to hear everything coming from either Line or the Rear Mic.

Ouuuuu, yes!!!!!! Works!!!! Smile Smile Smile
I unmute like you indicate and now, yes, I hear my external player, in my computer hear my external player Smile
I had been looking for the problem / solution for days...thank you!

In the same line, now hear my external player but continue with distored sound or I can set max volume to 15-20%.
As it is better to see it than read it and it would be long to explain, I made a small video where you see what I indicated.

Edit: Not works the tags for youtube video or insert online video, this is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alGHLOQbhk4

Again, thank yoy very much!
Video not available is what I get clicking on the link.
Yes, my error in the moment of config video.
Now, works.
Sorrys.

Edit: In my computer the video made with vokosreen have a high quality, in youtbe...not.
Quality was fine watching it here. Youtube sometimes takes some time to prepare the high quality streams.

When it comes to the issue. I can clearly see that the Line is already at its max and pulseaudio(the sound server) somehow takes into account Line + Lineboost when showing you the volume slider for recording.
So putting the slider up will activate the line booster and thats why you get distortion.
So if you keep stuff at 20% it should not distort Smile

I think the main issue now is solved.
If you think so too just edit your initial postings title and add [solved] to it
Yes, the Line is already at its max but this line, when I move, not change the volume of record, only its volume for hear in my computer.
Like you indicate, Line + Line Boost when showing the volume slider for recording, this activate the line booster and get the distortion.
I can work or record but isn't easy for me, I'm explain.
The issue is solved or semi-solved Smile
Now, thanks at you, I can hear my external player and record.
But with this, I only can set volume to 20%, therefore, the margin I have for any change, is very small. If I set between 16 and 20% well, if I set to 25% I already have distortion.
With a small slider movement, I fall short or I pass, in windows, I do not have this problem, and having a bigger margin, I can configure / record much better.

This Line in, works like a Mic in windows (mic its increased power by system), here, in linux, I view that, Line In and Mic in work equal.

Like its possible I don't explained well and I liked making a video Smile, I put another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjUGDCe6SCI

Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3