Maui Forums

Full Version: Maui 17.3 : Dolphin star rating for pictures is not saved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
By the way: I made a backup of the entire partition with fsarchiver...
And how can I determine my plasma version?
@kdemeoz
Too nice - I was influenced by the previous upgrade !
Anyway, I have done a new clean install of MAUI 17.06 mainly because I wanted to repartition my SSD with a different thinking than in the past.
The new MAUI OS seems very stable to me without any particular problem to the moment.
Regards...
I noticed that now it takes 30 seconds plus until I see the desktop after login. There seems to be a long time of "idleness" now after login. Any ideas?
And concerning a fresh install:

It takes me many hours to adjust all the paths, parameters, install additional programs etc. until all works fine as desired.
Can I somehow create a plasma theme that includes all (most) of these parameters?

And what about the rest? I am sure I am not the only person using Linux that cannot afford to re-setup the whole thing several times a year...
Quote:I noticed that now it takes 30 seconds plus until I see the desktop after login. There seems to be a long time of "idleness" now after login. Any ideas?
We discussed this in another thread already. Remove the virtualbox-guest-* packages when running on a real machine.

@benit: I think you are searching for plasma look and feel that can accomplish many things though not all. This is however something you need to configure yourself there is no easy tool for it.
well.. I have Maui installed bare metal, not in a virtual machine. Within Maui I use vmware for a few Windows programs.

So how should I remove virtualbox-guest-* packages?

Simply type "sudo apt-get remove virtualbox-guest-* " in a command line?

And what about the system info page?

At least via "plasmashell --version
" I could find out that indeed I have updated to Plasma 5.10.2

So I would like to figure out the rest.
I did remove the virtualbox-guest-* packages, but still I have to wait such a long time... I am not amused...!
Hmm... then maybe
Code:
systemd-analyze blame
might tell you on which service it is hanging.
Pages: 1 2