Maui Forums

Full Version: Major difficulty setting up Kwallet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I switched from Debian+Cinnamon to Maui Linux with KDE Plasma recently and love it. But having major trouble trying to use KDE Wallet.

I use SftpMan to manage sshfs mounts. I would really like it to work with kde wallet so I can "remember password".

I have never successfully got KDE Wallet to work but am determined to figure it out..

So basically I start off with no wallets. Sftpman launches the ksshaskpass which asks for a password. It asks to create a wallet called "kdewallet". So I let it do so and have tried with both a password and blank password but it never seems to remember the actual password.

I also tried setting up a wallet with GPG but had to install Kgpg for Maui linux and even then after creating a key KDE wallet still cannot find it. gpg-agent doesn't seem started either.

This has been a massive learning curve for me and I'm struggling to get it working. I've read elsewhere that it is not very friendly for newbies. Might anybody help. I am willing to do some screen recording to show my steps.

Please help!! So lost right now.
By default we already ship maui with an empty kdewallet that stores all the passwords.
Did you remove anything from there and started from a fresh new kwallet?
I think I might of deleted it actually. I would of went to setup gpg keys because I thought that I'd try to set it up properly. Is the default wallet configured any differently than one which is prompted to be created be ksshaskpass? Its only the name that matters right?
ksshaskpass does get authorization though. So it seems to be interacting. It's just not saving passwords when hitting the "Remember Password" tickbox.

[attachment=1308]
Strange. Maybe ksshaskpass does not know how to write into the kdewallet.

Quote:Is the default wallet configured any differently than one which is prompted to be created be ksshaskpass?
It should not be. Though maybe you create a new empty wallet from within the kdewallet manager and see if that makes it work.
I've tried every combination I can think of. Manually creating a wallet, allow it to auto create one. Rebooting the machine after creating a new one.

I did try to install the latest version of ksshaskpass but after cloning the git repo and running cmake it was throwing too many dependencies for me to understand.

This is probably out of the scope of this forum so I think it'd be a better idea taking this issue to ksshaskpass git issues page.