Maui Forums

Full Version: Missing Menu items for Kmail Korganizer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

New Maui user 17.06 and Maui forum user. Hope you are all doing well.

Long time Linux Mint user using Linux Mint KDE 17.3 and 18.2. They just announced they are phasing out support for Linux Mint KDE over the next couple years. I still dual boot Linux Mint and now Maui.

So, I was doing some research and found this really nice KDE Maui system. Still learning and getting used to the differences.

I cannot find Kmail or Korganizer in my menus. I check the "Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)" and it shows installed and I can run Kmail from the console terminal or Alt+F2, but no menu items? I turned on the Akonadi in the plasma services. I even re-installed it through the "Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)" and still there are no menu items for these? Do I have to manually create these?

I also had to install the gufw firewall? Maui does not come with a firewall installed?

Thank you,
Phil
Quote:Do I have to manually create these?
These menu items are hidden by default. So either create the manually or restore system default menu with the menu editor (right click on the menu -> edit applications)

Quote:I also had to install the gufw firewall? Maui does not come with a firewall installed?
Gufw is just a graphical user interface for the package filter iptables that comes preinstalled on Maui aswell as most other Linux Distros by default.
(29th October 2017, 10:45)Hi leszekThank you for replying... Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Do I have to manually create these?
These menu items are hidden by default. So either create the manually or restore system default menu with the menu editor (right click on the menu -> edit applications)

Quote:I also had to install the gufw firewall? Maui does not come with a firewall installed?
Gufw is just a graphical user interface for the package filter iptables that comes preinstalled on Maui aswell as most other Linux Distros by default.
(28th October 2017, 20:20)phd21 Wrote: [ -> ]...
So, I was doing some research and found this really nice KDE Maui system. ...
Yes, Maui its really nice KDE system. Also, I am a old mint user, and yes, Maui its really fantastic!