Maui Forums

Full Version: Can't unmount network shares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used the nifty netowrk share tool to mount my homebrew NAS in Dolphin, and i noticed when i shutdown my laptop it was taking a long time to shutdown. When i actually watched the the shutdown it is waiting to reconnect my NAS so it just sits for a minute and 30 seconds twice before it shuts down trying to reconnect. So i thought maybe it was the mount created by the network tool, and when i try to delete it it won't delete and if i try to unmount it it gives an error that this operation is not permitted.
(Making this post long winded here but just a little back story. I have been a long time Mint KDE user and after the announcment they were no longer going to offer KDE i read an article that suggested Maui. Having already tried kubuntu and having found it rather buggy i added maui to my laptop along side mint and windows 10, and i have to say Maui is a great replacement so far.)
You used the samba-mounter tool?
Yes, i have a NAS built on a raspberry pi 3 that is a samba share because although my kids complain constantly about windows they refuse to use anything but word for school. In mint i had just added my network share in dolphin under "places" as a smb share via ip address. But when i started trying out Maui i saw the network tool and used it instead. I have never seen this issue in mint that is why i thought maybe it was how the tool mounted the share and decided to delete the mount and try mounting it the way i had done it before.
(7th November 2017, 17:57)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]You used the samba-mounter tool?

Sorry for the question, I view in synaptic that I have samba-mounter package installed, but when I search in menu, not appears...
Again, sorry if its a obvius question/tip...

Regards.
Sorry for the misinformation, I actually used the Network drives tool. But For some reason I was able to delete the share and it no longer hangs up when I shut down.
Samba-Mounter is the tool that by default hides in the Network link on the desktop and allows you to add only samba shares that are mounted on Plasma Desktop startup.

Glad that you could solve this by removing the share. If you only need it sporadically it is best to use the smb:// KIO share by entering the address in the filemanagers addressbar. (CTRL+L to show it). You can also save this as a bookmark in the sidebar if you need to.
Though this method only fully works with KIO capable software. So if you like to stream a video SMPlayer or VLC won't work. You need dragon player for this otherwise SMPLayer and VLC will simply copy the file to a temporary folder to open it.