Maui Forums

Full Version: Problems after restart from suspend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
From a time ago, I have some problems from restart computer from suspend, only in some occasions, after awakening the computer of suspension, the desk remains, not blocked, because the mouse moves, but nothing responds. Only can push buttom of computer for restart.

Only in some occasions.

This is since install a fresh installation of maui (latest version), and I do not know how to fix it.

Regards!
So your computer is not waking up from standby? Did I understand that correctly?

This can be a hardware limitation as the kernel needs to fully support your hardware for this.
Which kernel version do you have installed? (uname -r will tell you in a terminal)
Which hardware are you testing this on? (CPU + Mainboard + GPU are the important parts here)
Hello Leszek,
Yes, my computer waking up from standby, but only for 1 or 2 seconds, I explained:
Push for waking up from standby, appears desktop and the icon of networking indicating that the network cable is disconnected. Like every time the computer wakes up. After this second or two seconds, it is always seen as the network icon indicates "Connected network cable". When the computer crashes after waking up, it remains in disconnected network cable.
I indicate the network cable as an example.
When this happens, you see the desktop, take time to see it shows disconnected network cable and there it stays.
I can move mouse, I can view my tabs open, for example, but not works any, only, move mouse, anything work.

My kernel: 4.13.0-17-generic

My hardware:
CPU: Intel Kaby Lake i5 7600
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-...-rev-10#kf
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT610
8 GB of RAM at 3466.

In the kernels 4.1x.x and newer, when shutdown computer or when start computer, appears some lines of acpi error (I don't remember very well).
In the past I already told you about the error of the kernel lines, but you told me that it did not matter (before having the problem I have now).
This problem (block after wake up from suspend) I have since fresh install maui 17.06.

Regards!
So it seems an ACPI error. This is hard to debug. I can only recommend to test a newer kernel.
Ubuntu has some vanilla kernels they build for ubuntu. See this wiki here on instructions on how to install and get them: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/MainlineBuilds
I don't not sure if the problem its ACPI error, but I know that, when restart or start computer, appears a acpi error line, only, after kernel 4.1x.x, in olders kernels, never appears this.

I know the kernels of the link that you indicate.
A few years ago (when I was user of mint) I update/install kernel with this link but have a "problem"; with this kernel, I can't install nvidia driver(now I don't remember the cause, but the problem was the one step or config when compiled this kernels).

But I go to try... Smile

Regards!

Edit: I install new kernel by link indicate, restart, at the moment, any problem with de driver nvidia.
I need wait some days for view if this issue its solved.

What are the difference between this kernels or the defaults?

Regards!
these kernels are much newer contain more bugfixes and new drivers.
But when you mention nvidia driver I think we found the main issue then. The nvidia driver is known to notoriously block a good recover from suspend.
Ok, but a doubt:
You indicate that, this kernels are much newer and contain more bugfixes and new drivers but...the version are the same that the kernel that I c an install in repos of Maui (for example) if are the same version, are more newers with more bugfixes?

Yes, I use nvidia driver, always I install by system (kubuntu-driver-manager) and I think in install manually, directly of nvidia website.

I know that, nvidia driver its..."difficult" in linux, but in other distro (suse) I can't this problem when I was test, in maui and neon, I have this problem (I test neon for if maui are discontinued...).

Like always, thanks for your attention and help!
Quote:You indicate that, this kernels are much newer and contain more bugfixes and new drivers but...the version are the same that the kernel that I c an install in repos of Maui (for example) if are the same version, are more newers with more bugfixes?

I am not sure if I understand that correctly. Why do you install then the same version as is on Maui/Ubuntu already? Please try a newer kernel version like this one here: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.14.1/

Quote:I know that, nvidia driver its..."difficult" in linux, but in other distro ...

If it works on other distros you need to compare used kernel version, nvidia driver and xorg server.
If those are the same it should work also on Maui/Neon/Ubuntu
Quote:I am not sure if I understand that correctly. Why do you install then the same version as is on Maui/Ubuntu already? Please try a newer kernel version like this one here: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.14.1/
Sorry for my english, I'm explain:
In your first reply, you indicate to me that, this kernels are much newers, drivers...
My doubt: A kernel installed by synaptic in Maui, version 4.13 for example, in comparison with a kernel mainline 4.14 of vanilla, this last, its much newer than 4.13 (for example) ?
One kernel from maui/neon/ubuntu, same version with kernel vanilla, have differences?

Quote:If it works on other distros you need to compare used kernel version, nvidia driver and xorg server.
If those are the same it should work also on Maui/Neon/Ubuntu
Ok, I go to view this.

Again, thank you!!
Quote:One kernel from maui/neon/ubuntu, same version with kernel vanilla, have differences?

Yes Ubuntu uses a different configuration and some patches that aren't in mainline kernel.