Maui Forums

Full Version: Apps icons on the panel won't get bigger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(7th January 2018, 21:02)evb0110 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems, these bugs are well known.
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356225
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356727

So, I'have to stick to 5.10 Sad
Cleaning configs is a bad choice for me...

That's why for a normal user it's probably safer using an LTS release of Plasma (similarly to Ubuntu LTS), because normal releases tend to introduce bugs and regressions. That's why I stopped using Neon standard edition - bugs with each and every upgrade.
(8th January 2018, 15:23)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I see the same issue, but I've been seeing it even before Plasma 5.11. The icons that I've added to the panel only as shortcuts resize correctly. But the apps that I've pinned to the taskbar as launchers don't resize at all.

Cheers..

Thanks! How do you add apps to the panel as shortcuts in Plasma?
Open Start menu, find an application, right click and Add to Panel.
rocky7x That's what I always do. Smile
[attachment=1355]
Well I'm currently on Kubuntu 16.04 LTS with Plasma 5.8.8 and it works fine there, resizing it all correctly. Only launchers are not resized after a certain limit.
(9th January 2018, 17:23)rocky7x Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm currently on Kubuntu 16.04 LTS with Plasma 5.8.8 and it works fine there, resizing it all correctly. Only launchers are not resized after a certain limit.

Of course, it works on Kubuntu (I tried 16.04, 16.10, 17.04, 17.10), Mint (18.2 and 18.3) and Neon! The question is why it doesn't work on Maui. Smile
It might depend on the plasma version that we use. Like I said it should work with newer plasma.
I may be mistaken, but it worked on all the versions of Plasma (KDE 5) which I remember (starting with Kubuntu 15). And it didn't work on Maui with Plasma 5.11 from backports.
It could be that it also depends on the default plasma theme you use. So try maybe switching to the Breeze or breeze dark one which are the upstream plasma defaults and see if it maybe works with them.
leszek thanks! I use Breeze.
Pages: 1 2 3