Maui Forums

Full Version: ETA on decision about Maui's future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen talk around the forums about Blue Systems discontinuing development on Maui. I use Maui daily at work and am looking to set up a new PC with Maui soon but I wanted to know if I'm better off going with Netrunner now. I really liked having an Ubuntu-based distro since I can use PPAs, so I was also wondering if you will have any Ubuntu-based distros going forward. I'm not sure how much of this you can answer yet, but it has been about 3 months since the initial statement and I'm getting more concerned about which direction to take with new builds.
(7th February 2018, 17:21)atowler Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen talk around the forums about Blue Systems discontinuing development on Maui. I use Maui daily at work and am looking to set up a new PC with Maui soon but I wanted to know if I'm better off going with Netrunner now. I really liked having an Ubuntu-based distro since I can use PPAs, so I was also wondering if you will have any Ubuntu-based distros going forward. I'm not sure how much of this you can answer yet, but it has been about 3 months since the initial statement and I'm getting more concerned about which direction to take with new builds.

this would be sad news for me also - as i probably won't change to a debian based. Could you point out where you saw that talk you base your post on?