Maui Forums
[Resolved] Change Background - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Plasma Desktop (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: [Resolved] Change Background (/showthread.php?tid=23855)

Pages: 1 2

[Resolved] Change Background - jduncan - 19th August 2016

Ok so first off I want to say great job. This looks awesome. However I'm sure I'm missing something but I have been unable to change the background of the desktop from the default. There is an option in the contextual menu when you right click to set as desktop background but that doesn't seem to work. Also I cannot seem to find an option for it in settings or else where. Can someone please point me in the right direction here.

Also driver install for nvidia GTX950 was a snap. One of the easiest I've had in a while.

Thanks

Ok never mind I found it. deck had already posted to for someone else over in the general talk. Here's the link. Link

RE: Change Background - dbyentzen - 19th August 2016

(19th August 2016, 4:08)jduncan Wrote: Ok so first off I want to say great job. This looks awesome. However I'm sure I'm missing something but I have been unable to change the background of the desktop from the default. There is an option in the contextual menu when you right click to set as desktop background but that doesn't seem to work. Also I cannot seem to find an option for it in settings or else where. Can someone please point me in the right direction here.

Also driver install for nvidia GTX950 was a snap. One of the easiest I've had in a while.

Thanks

When you right clicked on the desktop, did you click on "Folder View Settings"? 

RE: Change Background - jduncan - 19th August 2016

(19th August 2016, 4:19)dbyentzen Wrote:
(19th August 2016, 4:08)jduncan Wrote: Ok so first off I want to say great job. This looks awesome. However I'm sure I'm missing something but I have been unable to change the background of the desktop from the default. There is an option in the contextual menu when you right click to set as desktop background but that doesn't seem to work. Also I cannot seem to find an option for it in settings or else where. Can someone please point me in the right direction here.

Thanks

Thanks I hadn't tried that until I saw deck's post. I didn't think Folder View Settings was what I was looking for.

RE: Change Background - dbyentzen - 19th August 2016

(19th August 2016, 4:23)jduncan Wrote:
(19th August 2016, 4:19)dbyentzen Wrote:

Thanks

Thanks I hadn't tried that until I saw deck's post. I didn't think Folder View Settings was what I was looking for.

Sure, anytime. Can you mark this thread as solved?

RE: [Resolved] Change Background - spacepenguin - 20th August 2016

"Folder View Settings"? One nice thing about Netrunner was that that was named "Netrunner Desktop". Why isn't that now "Maui Desktop"? And how can I change it to that?

RE: [Resolved] Change Background - deck - 20th August 2016

(20th August 2016, 9:34)spacepenguin Wrote: "Folder View Settings"? One nice thing about Netrunner was that that was named "Netrunner Desktop". Why isn't that now "Maui Desktop"? And how can I change it to that?

When you open Folder View Settings, there is an option to change layout from "Folder View" to "Desktop". 

RE: [Resolved] Change Background - spacepenguin - 20th August 2016

@deck: No, that's not what I mean. In Netrunner 17 there is Folder View, Deskop and Netrunner Desktop. And Netrunner Desktop is Folder View with a different name. When you rightclick on the Desktop and see "Folder View Settings" that's so unintuitive, "Netrunner Desktop Settings" as a name was great and way better than that dumb KDE default. Really should be "Maui desktop settings" now!

RE: [Resolved] Change Background - deck - 20th August 2016

We have 2 options for now. Maybe the name will change in the next release.

RE: [Resolved] Change Background - spacepenguin - 21st August 2016

Can you please tell me how I can change the name?

RE: [Resolved] Change Background - leszek - 27th August 2016

The name cannot be changed without forking the whole folderview plugin.
We decided against it not to maintain code just for a name change. (initially back in Netrunner it was changed and forked because the code itself was different (had a shadow patch which is now upstreamed))