Maui Forums
Substitutium of Mint Update - Printable Version

+- Maui Forums (https://forums.mauilinux.org)
+-- Forum: Maui Support (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Forum: Installation (https://forums.mauilinux.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Substitutium of Mint Update (/showthread.php?tid=24111)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Substitutium of Mint Update - fanisatt - 17th November 2016

(16th November 2016, 23:38)starbuck Wrote: What are these updates? Package list would be nice to get an idea.
I am so sorry , I can't remember now !!
I shall try it again in the future in order to inform you in detail about this.
It is a fact that I used to work only with the mint update manager till yesterday !! I had read here in the forums that this is the recommended tool for the updates.
So, I had removed the discover update notifier of my panel.
This is (possibly) the reason I could not see any update notification from mint update manager ! I think that there is not a specific notifier in connection with the mint update manager !! So , I think there is a need for a common / unifying update notifier .
Now I add the discover notifier in my panel again and I think that it is ok now , because the repos are the same in both update applications and I have already seen the discover notifier working normally.
Perhaps I "fell onto" a time phase difference between mint update manager and discover ....or something like that. I don't know....
Thanks a lot for your response !

RE: Substitutium of Mint Update - fanisatt - 18th November 2016

I have just checked the updates in both update applications (mint update and discover).
I could see in both of them (common) updates for firefox and procps but, there were two more updates I could see only in discover : xserver-common , xserver-xorg-core .
I used the refresh option again and again in the mint update manager but the above two updates did not appear !
So , I first took the common updates from the mint update manager and after this I took the other two updates from the discover.

RE: Substitutium of Mint Update - leszek - 18th November 2016

Maybe you have level 4 and 5 updates configured to not appear in mintupdate?
By default they appear and are just unticked.
At least update-manager (mintupdate) shows them here aswell.

RE: Substitutium of Mint Update - fanisatt - 18th November 2016

(18th November 2016, 14:07)leszek Wrote: Maybe you have level 4 and 5 updates configured to not appear in mintupdate?
By default they appear and are just unticked.
At least update-manager (mintupdate) shows them here aswell.

Thank you very much leszek !!
I finally understood what is happened !!!!!
I made a thread for this issue . Perhaps it is good for other users to be informed about this detail too.
Thanks again !!!!

RE: Substitutium of Mint Update - Chelle - 18th November 2016

I don't know - mine does the same thing. But Discover shows 524 updates available and Mint Update Manager shows 219 (with three level 4 & 5 that aren't checked). The large number is because I haven't yet upgraded to plasma 5.8.3, but still - that's an extreme difference and leaves me unsure which one I should trust.

RE: Substitutium of Mint Update - leszek - 18th November 2016

Trust mintupdate

RE: Substitutium of Mint Update - Chelle - 18th November 2016

Ok. Smile