Maui Forums

Full Version: Thunderbird Update breaks Lightning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We decided to update Thunderbird-Plasma to version 45.3 today. This will on normal installations throw the error about lightning incompatibilities. We advise everyone to remove the lightning addon and install the package xul-ext-lightning from the repository. (it should be also in the plasmazilla releases ppa) 

We are sorry for inconvenience that might cause. 
Hi leszek,

Have you maybe tested this with Exchange EWS Provider add-on (https://github.com/Ericsson/exchangecale...S-Provider)? This is the main add-on that is used for exchange interoperability and without it I cannot work... Last time when I tried TB 45 Lightning with this was broken as hell...

Thanks a million.
Cheers...
No we did not test it with EWS.
(19th October 2016, 11:47)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]We decided to update Thunderbird-Plasma to version 45.3 today. This will on normal installations throw the error about lightning incompatibilities. We advise everyone to remove the lightning addon and install the package xul-ext-lightning from the repository. (it should be also in the plasmazilla releases ppa) 

We are sorry for inconvenience that might cause. 

If i do so, lightning is not translated, if i download it from Mozilla it is in french. I observed no errors when updating Thunderbird.

SM
(19th October 2016, 13:44)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]No we did not test it with EWS.

I don't know how it is with other protocols, but the only thing that doesn't work with EWS is when I try to create a new invitation in the calendar, I get the window to fill in all entries and the Attendees tab is unusable. If I right-click on it and hit Invite attendees, i can select the people to send the Invitation to, but they do not get populated into the underlying window, nor I can select whether to send them the Notification or not. That is the only thing I found that doesn't work - otherwise it is OK.
Hi,
I view that, since this thread, TB was updated to newer versions.
Its possible update TB?

Regards.
If you still have the old lightning plugin installed and not updated it will need a reinstall of this plugin.
The rest should work fine.
In my tower, I have the old lighting plugin installed, in other computer (in laptop) I don't have lighting plugin installed, when I try to install in this laptop, indicate the plugin that, this version of TB is not valid for this plugin.
For this reasson I search for view how version of TB I have installed.

But, if I want update TB, devs Maui update TB by repositories or I need updated TB manually?

Regards.
See the initial posting by me.
Thunderbird 45 from the plasmazilla ppa should work fine with the xul-ext-lightning package.
Ok, yes, but I'm refering to newers versions.
I view in plasmazilla ppa that, the last TB version its 45.3 (I have installed this version), I'm refering to more newer versions of TB.

Regards.
Pages: 1 2 3