Maui Forums

Full Version: firefox problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
even tho i tried to make it to put the downloads into the download directory from the home directory,it still bypass that setting and all go into the /root/temp,i have no idea why the firefox can't actually download into the direction i chosed,in all linux distros the normal direction for the downloads are in that directory /home/username/downloads,here is not happening,how can i fix that ?
Hi,

open firefox, into address bar type in about:config and press enter, open the hidden setting and in the search field type in browser.download. It will select cca 20 entries. Please take a screenshot of it and paste it into the message here.
browser.download.animateNotifications; default; boolean; true
browser.download.dir; user set; string; ///home/mariusapo/Downloads
browser.download.folderList; user set; integer; 2
browser.download.forbid_open_with; default; boolean; false
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions; default; boolean; true
browser.download.importedFromSqlite; user set; boolean; true
browser.download.lastDir; user set; string; ~
browser.download.loglevel; default; string; Error
browser.download.manager.addToRecentDocs; default; boolean; true
browser.download.manager.resumeOnWakeDelay; default; integer; 10000
browser.download.manager.showWhenStarting; user set; boolean; false
browser.download.panel.firstSessionCompleted; user set; boolean; true
browser.download.panel.shown; user set; boolean; true
browser.download.saveLinkAsFilenameTimeout; default; integer; 4000
browser.download.save_converter_index; user set; integer; 0
browser.download.show_plugins_in_list; default; boolean; true
browser.download.useDownloadDir; default; boolean; true
services.sync.prefs.sync.browser.download.useDownloadDir; default; boolean; true

i dunno if i opened the hidden settings,but this are the lines u asked for,i guess,even tho i see there an error at loglevel
What happens if you choose ... always ask me where to save files......in preferences/general
Click menu (right hand side) select ? down the bottom.
Select... restart with addons disabled.
You will see a dialogue box ....click restart
That will get you into safe-mode.
Then go to preferences/general
Click the boxes a few times and then make a selection
Restart and see if that helps.
i did chosed that too and is not asking me anything, is just put the files in that path /root/temp
(18th January 2017, 12:51)MariusApo Wrote: [ -> ]i did chosed that too and is not asking me anything, is just put the files in that path /root/temp

I assume you mean /tmp
preferences/general/downloads/ .....click on browse and select a folder
preferences/applications.... Check what your default action is for file types
(18th January 2017, 11:46)MariusApo Wrote: [ -> ]browser.download.animateNotifications;                              default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.dir;                                                      user set;   string;     ///home/mariusapo/Downloads
browser.download.folderList;                                             user set;   integer;   2
browser.download.forbid_open_with;                                   default;    boolean;  false
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions;              default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.importedFromSqlite;                                user set;  boolean;   true
browser.download.lastDir;                                                 user set;   string;      ~
browser.download.loglevel;                                                default;    string;     Error
browser.download.manager.addToRecentDocs;                       default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.manager.resumeOnWakeDelay;                  default;   integer;    10000
browser.download.manager.showWhenStarting;                     user set;   boolean;   false
browser.download.panel.firstSessionCompleted;                    user set;   boolean;   true
browser.download.panel.shown;                                          user set;   boolean;   true
browser.download.saveLinkAsFilenameTimeout;                     default;    integer;    4000
browser.download.save_converter_index;                             user set;   integer;    0
browser.download.show_plugins_in_list;                               default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.useDownloadDir;                                     default;   boolean;    true
services.sync.prefs.sync.browser.download.useDownloadDir;    default;   boolean;   true

i dunno if i opened the hidden settings,but this are the lines u asked for,i guess,even tho i see there an error at loglevel

These look OK to me
Do All your downloaded files go to /tmp?
I think firefox is only saving to /tmp if you don't choose saving the file but opening it up.
If it isn't even asking whether to save or open the clicked file I think it is directly downloading stuff which would be very strange as this is not the default we ship.

Can you check again and maybe reset the file associations in the preferences of firefox to see if it fixes anything ?
(18th January 2017, 14:21)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th January 2017, 11:46)MariusApo Wrote: [ -> ]browser.download.animateNotifications;                              default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.dir;                                                      user set;   string;     ///home/mariusapo/Downloads
browser.download.folderList;                                             user set;   integer;   2
browser.download.forbid_open_with;                                   default;    boolean;  false
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions;              default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.importedFromSqlite;                                user set;  boolean;   true
browser.download.lastDir;                                                 user set;   string;      ~
browser.download.loglevel;                                                default;    string;     Error
browser.download.manager.addToRecentDocs;                       default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.manager.resumeOnWakeDelay;                  default;   integer;    10000
browser.download.manager.showWhenStarting;                     user set;   boolean;   false
browser.download.panel.firstSessionCompleted;                    user set;   boolean;   true
browser.download.panel.shown;                                          user set;   boolean;   true
browser.download.saveLinkAsFilenameTimeout;                     default;    integer;    4000
browser.download.save_converter_index;                             user set;   integer;    0
browser.download.show_plugins_in_list;                               default;    boolean;   true
browser.download.useDownloadDir;                                     default;   boolean;    true
services.sync.prefs.sync.browser.download.useDownloadDir;    default;   boolean;   true

These look OK to me
Do All your downloaded files go to /tmp?

I would try changing 3 settings, just for the sake of an experiment:
1. please try to switch browser.download.useDownloadDir to false
2. please try to switch browser.download.dir to /home/mariusapo/Downloads
3. please try to switch browser.download.lastDir to /home/mariusapo/Downloads

You'll see how it works.
(18th January 2017, 15:05)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]I think firefox is only saving to /tmp if you don't choose saving the file but opening it up.
If it isn't even asking whether to save or open the clicked file I think it is directly downloading stuff which would be very strange as this is not the default we ship.

Can you check again and maybe reset the file associations in the preferences of firefox to see if it fixes anything ?

what i was doing at first is using it as normal without changing anything at all,and was not askin me at all,i had to check to see where actually is saving the files to find out where they went,so i was using it as u guys ship it,the only thing i done is to sync it with my others firefox that i use in the others distros i have installed on my pc,yes i have addons installed,but i dunno any of them to actually change anything in the operation of firefox in that matter,as in the others distros saving the files always go into the normal path from home/Downloads,not to mention that the same thing happened even be4 i synced my firefox,so...this is somethin that is more than my knowledge
Pages: 1 2