Maui Forums

Full Version: Firefox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unable to get french language pack for firefox after last update (1:51.0-1).
Any idea of what to do ?

thanks to all.
SM
If I use this package it works !
https://ubuntuupdates.org/package/ubuntu...se/firefox

SM
A new solution :
only these two packages :
firefox 1.51.0-1 + 9 build29
firefox-plasma 1.51.0-1 + 9 build29
at the exclusion of language pack.
French translation works in this case.
Not sure what you mean.
So are our plasmazilla packages now working with your french language pack or not ?
(26th January 2017, 22:40)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean.
So are our plasmazilla packages now working with your french language pack or not ?

Yes that's the case it wotks. Among the various attempts I did, I think I got the language pack working through the download the firefox french language adds on.
Ok. Investigation runs.
I think I know where the problem is a fix is on the way.

edit: This fix will also update 51.0 to 51.0.1. It will fix the locales packages again also. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting.
(26th January 2017, 22:57)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. Investigation runs.
I think I know where the problem is a fix is on the way.

edit: This fix will also update 51.0 to 51.0.1. It will fix the locales packages again also. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting.

Thanks to you, its always a pleasure to report some inconveniences which could be useful to all.
This latest FF update also fixed a weird fault in my FF 50... despite my setting it to open with all tabs from previous session, it ignored that each time & instead opened in default first-run style, ie, only a single tab, being google [yuck]. Now FF 51.0 is behaving correctly again.
I had also this problem with the Italian language pack.

I tried these ways :

1) purge of firefox-locale-it deb package (it is from Ubuntu repo and the version is 50.0.2+build2-0+8+build39) then install of Italian language pack directly from Firefox site > no solution, not working

2) install of firefox-l10n-it deb package (it is from Ubuntu repo and the version is 51.0-1+9+build29) and no language pack from Firefox site > no solution, not working

3) install of firefox-l10n-it deb package (it is from Ubuntu repo and the version is 51.0-1+9+build29) and Italian language pack from Firefox site > no solution, not working

4) install of firefox-l10n-it deb package (it is from Ubuntu repo and the version is 51.0-1+9+build29) and Italian language pack from Firefox site then :
- in address bar type about:config
- search general.useragent.locale
- change the value of the string from en-US with it-IT
- restart Firefox
> this is the solution, it is working !
Firefox 51.0.1 should land any minute in the releases plasmazilla ppa which has the locales fixed again. So no workaround is necessary besides upgrading.

So in this case the firefox-locale-it should work again with firefox-plasma package.
Pages: 1 2