Maui Forums

Full Version: Problems with Audio Recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello.
I pluggin a jack in my line in of my card sound and this cable connect to my external player.
I have configured my sound card.
Well, when play my external play, any sound. I open volume control, made some changes, but any sound.
Open Audacity (my software for record/edit music) and also, configured in differents modes for record, and yes, with some configs I can record but...very very distored sound.

For tests if for fail my sound card, jack cable or other, start my computer with windows (I have a partition with windows for this problems), connect my external player, play and...works fine! I can up and down volume for record and hear of line in (I don't made any change in my jack cable, external player...).
Open Audacity in win and also, all fine, I can record my external player.

But in linux not...
Seems like you set the input volume too high so it gets only distorted sound.
Can you check the settings or recording again in the systemsettings -> multimedia settings.
When using Audacity it won't use pulseaudio most probably but stick to alsa. This needs perhaps seperate configuration via alsamixer -c 1 in the terminal.
(23rd May 2017, 17:56)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like you set the input volume too high so it gets only distorted sound.
Not, because in windows, with the same volume works fine.
And in linux, I don't listen the audio by line in (in windows yes).
Quote:Can you check the settings or recording again in the systemsettings -> multimedia settings.
In spanish is: system settings -> Audio and Video
In this settings, I try all configs with same result.
Quote:When using Audacity it won't use pulseaudio most probably but stick to alsa. This needs perhaps seperate configuration via alsamixer -c 1 in the terminal.

In Audacity, only I have Alsa, not pulseaudio

For me, this its important because I work a lot of with audio.

Regards!
Update my last post:
I have managed to configure systemsettings-multimedia settings for now, can record audio in Audacity fine (not with distored sound) with fine sound.
Well, but I have 2 questions/doubts:
Only I can configure the audio input for this 3 devides:
In line
Rear Mic
Front Mic

And I want put my jack cable in Line In, for best config (not in mic) I only can record fine in Audacity if connect in mic (rear or front).

The other, when play my external player and record fine now in audacity, I do not hear or I can not hear the audio in the computer, this, in windows I can set for hear or not but in linux I don't view this option. If I don't hear, its more difficult for me start the record in the moment (for example).

Regards.
Do you have Line In even ? Or is it a Line Out basically or a combo line in/out that you can switch via software.
If it is the last then you need to switch the Line Out (default) to Line In via software. This should be an option either in Multimedia settings or at least in alsamixer (as it is a lower hardware specific setting).
When it comes to listening while recording you need to unmute your mic or raise the audio.
Again if not found in Multimedia settings you can try opening up
Code:
alsamixer -c0
in a terminal and try to find it the setting there.
(23rd May 2017, 20:24)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have Line In even ?
Sorry, I don't understand very well this question.

Quote:Or is it a Line Out basically or a combo line in/out that you can switch via software.
Not, not is a combo line in/out that I can switch via soft.
The card audio have 6 connectos, well, this is my card sound:
http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z...support-dl

Quote:When it comes to listening while recording you need to unmute your mic or raise the audio.
Again if not found in Multimedia settings you can try opening up

Code:
alsamixer -c0
in a terminal and try to find it the setting there.

Not, I can't audio for hear when Audacity are recording (recording well) but in my computer I don't hear my external player, only view in audacity that are recording well. After recording, play the record and its good.
But don't hear my external player and in windows yes, I can hear my external player.

Also, I view that, use the config that use, only appears:
In line.
Rear mic
Front mic.

For recording well in audacity, I need set the line mic, maxim at 10-15%, if I set to 20% or more, distorted sound.
This is because the sound are by the mic line.

In windows not have this problem, connect to line in and set (the same external player) to 80-90 or 100% of sound.

Sorry if I not explained very well, but this its big problem for me...
So you have Line In and a Line Out as seperate jacks ?

Like I said. If you can record the sound then you can also listen to it. You just need to find the switch to unmute that Line In or turn up its volume.
As the sound card is supported fully it should be only a configuration setting you need to find.
(24th May 2017, 0:03)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]So you have Line In and a Line Out as seperate jacks ?
Yes, I have Line In and Line Out separate jacks.

Quote:Like I said. If you can record the sound then you can also listen to it. You just need to find the switch to unmute that Line In or turn up its volume.
As the sound card is supported fully it should be only a configuration setting you need to find.

I think (its my think Smile) that not, because, in linux, I can record the sound but only by mic jack (rear or front mic) not by Line In.
For this reasson, I can hear that I recording, I can hear my external player, because are by line mic not by line in. Like are by line mic tt is not logical to hear what is being "spoken" by microphone.
In the config, only appears for select:
In line
Rear Mic
Front Mic

In windows, appears also Line In.

This is the difference.

Maybe it's a configuration problem, but I'm starting to go crazy, it's a few hours / days and I'm not able to find out what the problem is.

This is my alsamixer:
[Image: thump_9741409alsamixer.jpg]

Not view any problem and how configure for Line In...my external player I need connect by Line In, not by Mic Line...

Regards.
In alsamixer hit F4 to see the recording devices. Maybe you can provide a Screenshot from this.
Also start it with LC_ALL=C alsamixer -c0 so the interface is in english when providing Screenshots. Smile
(24th May 2017, 10:36)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]In alsamixer hit F4 to see the recording devices. Maybe you can provide a Screenshot from this.
Also start it with LC_ALL=C alsamixer -c0 so the interface is in english when providing Screenshots. Smile

Ok, this is screenshot when hit F4 (with interface in english Smile)

[Image: thump_9741412alsamixer.jpg]

When I hit F4 I don't have any connect to any line in or mic...
Pages: 1 2 3