Maui Forums

Full Version: Someone with Teamviewer 12?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
@ Pliny,
Thanks for your help, I try your solution when fail again teamviewer, yesterday and today, works well, when fail, tray your solution.

@ kdemeoz:
I try AnyDesk, and yes, fail, in my house computer, with Maui, conect to my work computer with Win, works fine, but if I connect with my other work computer with Maui, fails, the connection are lost at 1 or 2 minutes, and when click in menu (for example) not appears any change in window. Connect by teamviewer and view that, the menu of start are opened, but trough anydesk not view this menu.
Hi wonder, it's upsetting that TV12 is still misbehaving for you. Sadly i don't know what else to suggest for you, but i really hope that PDE's suggestions work for you.

Re AnyDesk, thanks for your testing & feedback. FYI, yesterday i sent another email to AD pleading for them to reply to my previous emails, & overnight they did:

"thank you for the bug report.  We are planning to release a new Linux version soon, hopefully with a bug fix for this issue. Please send us the anydesk.log file from both sides after the malfunction occurs.  You can find this file in ~/.anydesk. If possible, please send us the dump files, if there should be any. ipc_error usually indicates that the backend process died because of a segmentation fault.".

I have not yet made the time to return to AD re retrying the connection between my two Maui PCs, to get the log files for them. Based on your test, i'm also thinking about maybe getting my Dad, whose pc i support remotely via TV for him, to install AD & then i could try connecting to it with my AD. He uses Win10 [yuck] not Linux. 
kdemeoz & wonder,
I downloaded any desk and installed.
My gal downloaded and installed it on Linux Voyager.
Took no time at all to get into her desktop.
Only tested it out for 10mins.
No probs as yet.!
Will get back after more testing.
Hi Pliny

Wow, that's great that it worked for you! However, pls see the following reply [received within only the past hour] from the AnyDesk Linux Dev, with whom i'm now in contact over this problem. I suspect he's incorrect about Wayland [Devs or anyone else knowledgeable - pls comment], as i'd thought Wayland was on the future roadmap for Maui, rather than being already deployed...?

Quote:Maui Linux is not official supported by us. And if I remember correctly Maui Linux is Wayland based, which is currently not supported by us. The reason you dont get a response is because the backend (which grabs the image, etc) crashed due to the missing Xorg APIs (XWayland is not capable of all needed APIs). The reason you even see a window is that Wayland tries to start its own XWayland server and use that as a proxy for AnyDesk.

We plan on supporting wayland, but I cannot give you a date when we will be working on it. For now we have a List on our Homepage on official supported Linux Distributions on which AnyDesk will run. The Firewall and VPN shouldnt be a problem though.
I think they have maui mixed up with... http://hawaiios.org/
and no we not wayland.
Bit of info....and I don't pretend be proficient on this subject!

① The evdev module of the Linux kernel gets an event and sends it to the Wayland compositor.
② The Wayland compositor looks through its scenegraph to determine which window should receive the event. The scenegraph corresponds to what's on screen and the Wayland compositor understands the transformations that it may have applied to the elements in the scenegraph. Thus, the Wayland compositor can pick the right window and transform the screen coordinates to window local coordinates, by applying the inverse transformations. The types of transformation that can be applied to a window is only restricted to what the compositor can do, as long as it can compute the inverse transformation for the input events.
③ As in the X case, when the client receives the event, it updates the UI in response. But in the Wayland case, the rendering happens by the client via EGL, and the client just sends a request to the compositor to indicate the region that was updated.
④ The Wayland compositor collects damage requests from its clients and then re-composites the screen. The compositor can then directly issue an ioctl to schedule a pageflip with KMS.

https://wayland.freedesktop.org/architecture.html
(11th January 2017, 15:18)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: [ -> ]I think they have maui mixed up with... http://hawaiios.org/
and no we not wayland.
Bit of info....and I don't pretend be proficient on this subject!

① The evdev module of the Linux kernel gets an event and sends it to the Wayland compositor.
② The Wayland compositor looks through its scenegraph to determine which window should receive the event. The scenegraph corresponds to what's on screen and the Wayland compositor understands the transformations that it may have applied to the elements in the scenegraph. Thus, the Wayland compositor can pick the right window and transform the screen coordinates to window local coordinates, by applying the inverse transformations. The types of transformation that can be applied to a window is only restricted to what the compositor can do, as long as it can compute the inverse transformation for the input events.
③ As in the X case, when the client receives the event, it updates the UI in response. But in the Wayland case, the rendering happens by the client via EGL, and the client just sends a request to the compositor to indicate the region that was updated.
④ The Wayland compositor collects damage requests from its clients and then re-composites the screen. The compositor can then directly issue an ioctl to schedule a pageflip with KMS.

https://wayland.freedesktop.org/architecture.html

OMZ!! Thank you for your interesting, if somewhat overwhelming for a numpty like me, feedback & info.  Tongue

Before i went to bed last night i did send an email reply to the AD Dev, respectfully indicating my doubt over his Maui - Wayland claim, & bolstering it by including an excerpt of your previous reply [re your successful 10' test, with your "gal"] - i hope & expect that even if he doubts my doubt [which would be fair enough, as i have no technical credibility in such matters], on a purely logical deductive basis if he was correct then your test should fave failed not succeeded. I'm mildly disappointed to have found, now it's several hours later in my new morning, no further reply from him. Hopefully my time tonight it might come. I will update here once available. 

I really do want to give AD a good try, as whilst overall i like TV & it has been a good tool for me for years, there's some things with it that frustrate me, & i hope for superior performance with AD.

PS - Oh dear, i just realised... i have unintentionally hijacked wonder's thread... supposed to be on TV12 not AD. Sorry!
Disappointed; AD Dev still did not get back to me. :-(

Situation is puzzling -- 3 of us use identical Maui, but for one user TV12 & AD are no good, for second user TV12 is good but AD is not, & for third user both TV12 & AD are good. Confusing.
Hi.
At the moment, in the last 3 days, works fine teamviewer, always restart or shutdown computer, when start, start well teamviewer...a mystake Smile

@P.D.E.
No, not problem, not hijacked wonder's thread Smile your info and help its great and for thanks Smile
Latest interim feedback from AD Linux Dev, ~4 hrs ago:

Quote:I will install a virtual machine today and see if I can reproduce the issue. I have read the logfiles and there is one strange thing in there which can only occur when neccessary libs are not installed. The problem with the .tar.gz file is that there is currently no check for the neccessary libs and as I late bind some of them even ldd wont recognize them as missing. I will check this issue today.

PS - wonder, excellent [but mysterious] info about your TV12. 
(13th January 2017, 14:52)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]Latest interim feedback from AD Linux Dev, ~4 hrs ago:

Quote:I will install a virtual machine today and see if I can reproduce the issue. I have read the logfiles and there is one strange thing in there which can only occur when neccessary libs are not installed. The problem with the .tar.gz file is that there is currently no check for the neccessary libs and as I late bind some of them even ldd wont recognize them as missing. I will check this issue today.

PS - wonder, excellent [but mysterious] info about your TV12. 

I downloaded the debian x64 pkg which installed through software manager.
Can't remember if I had to do a "sudo apt -f install"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5