Maui Forums

Full Version: Someone with Teamviewer 12?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(20th January 2017, 3:13)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]Goodness, that's dreadful. I'm really sorry, but i have no more ideas why it's broken for you but not others. Whilst i've not found them greatly helpful in the past, is it worthwhile you emailing the TV Devs for help? In the meantime, is it an acceptable workaround for you to go back to TV11?
Yes, its a big mystake this and also, I don't know how solved this.
Yes, a few days ago, I writte to the TV Devs/support, her fist reply was, they can not support in my language and question to me if I can writte in english, the same day, I send my question in english, but TV Dev not reply to me...
And yes, go back to TV11 its a great solution for me, but I search (a little) but I don't view for download TV11 for linux.

Quote:Once the AD Dev gets back to me again [think i might ping him again; it's now been several days since he said he was going to install Maui in a VM & test AD in that to see for himself], IF he manages to help me get AD working for Maui, i will post the results here... maybe then if AD could get fixed also for you, changing from TV to AD might be a new option for you.

Thank you, I wait if AD works fine in Maui for made the change from TV to AD.

Again, thank you!
Hello kdemeoz,
Thank you for the link, in this days, in this days ago, in the TV website I don't view for download previous versions...I don't search well...
Again, thank you!

PS: Today I view this fail with TV12 and Maui I have in other computer, other computer that I have in my work have the same issue.
You're welcome.

Here's the reply from the AD Dev (i don't really understand some of it ("XCB connection to your X11 server" ???)] , & then my reply to him:
Quote:I have investigated the issue and it just runs on 3 test machines (1 virtual, 2 real) just fine without any issues. As long as I cant reproduce the issue here, its just a guesswork for me. What currently happens for you (according to the logs) is that for some reason something is wrong with the XCB connection to your X11 server. Do you run by any chance AnyDesk as a different user then the logged in one ? For example you log in as "user1" and run anydesk as "root" or "user2"? That would be the only thing explaining why XCB has issues in this case.

Quote:Thanks. Can i clarify what distro you have it running in on those machines... i assume you do mean Maui 2.1 Plasma 5.8.3 or 5.8.4 ? I do not attempt to run AD as any different user to my logged-in account. My /home directory is encrypted [via eCryptFS, during installation] but that should not matter after logging in, when by definition the decryption has occurred. Also, i use the Plasma KWallet service, but again i can't see why that should conflict with AD. I've only mentioned these two things to you, just in case you felt they were important for AD. 
Hi.
Thanks for your reply from AD Dev, wai if AD Dev solved this...

About TV12 I search and I view that, my problem, is an issue of TV12, in the forum of TV, others users have the same issue that I have:
https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Team.../td-p/2177

For the moment, I use TV11 in wait to TV Dev solved this issue.
I'm afraid i can't get any more support from the AD Dev;

Quote:"i have now tried setting tests up again with the same result: It works just fine. Because Maui is not a official supported distribution I cannot invest more time in that issue. I am very sorry.

It was Maui 2.1 with Plasma 5.8.3.

I do not think that it makes a difference if its 5.8.4. Linux does not relay on the underlying desktop environment. The versions and configuration of the X11 Server components matter, such as xrandr, xfixes, xcb-shm, etc. Are these also backported versions? 

Do you have a multicard setup like on PCs with optimus for on-the-fly GPU switching? If yes, please try it on a single card without switching. Just a wild guess about your glxinfo output.

Maybe Nvidia Prime does work half and half. It is known that this can make trouble in some softwares. Of course it would be nice to know if thats the problem. So please ping me back as soon as you have tried. Unfortunately I do not have the hardware here to test it Sad.
".

Can anyone pls comment on that part of his words above that i bolded & underlined?

I did attempt to remove nvidia-prime. Removal worked fine on Tower but caused a day-long calamity on Lappy, as detailed here; https://forums.mauilinux.org/showthread....3#pid41493. I have speculated about whether AD might work correctly if i used only the Nouveau graphics driver, not the Nvidia driver, in my Tower & Lappy, but i'm not prepared to bother trying (i want to use the Nvidia driver, & if AD can only work without it, then i will not persist with AD but instead stick with TV]. 

I remain interested in an earlier quote of his i pasted previously; "What currently happens for you (according to the logs) is that for some reason something is wrong with the XCB connection to your X11 server". I have no understanding of this, i don't have a clue what it means or how to test for it / fix it, but i've re-pasted it here now in case some future forum reader might discover it, understand it, & have an idea how to solve it. 
Hi wonder

Have the TV Devs replied to you about your TV12 bug? Are you still using TV11 ok?

Btw, i have abandoned all my attempts to make AnyDesk work [so i continue just to use TV12]. Whilst nothing i did would solve the AD Maui to Maui failures, i did find that I could "successfully" AD-connect my Maui Tower to my Dad's Win10 pc... but the responsivity was DREADFUL - much worse than TV... ie, it just seemed silly for me to continue trying to solve it for all Maui connections, if in practical terms it is too horribly slow to tolerate  :-(
Hi kdemeoz!!
Yes, TV Devs replied to me about my TV12 bug, but first, indicate my new contact with TV Devs:

Code:
Hello!
I can send the log files as a ZIP file but my/this problem, have a lot off people that have the same issue:
https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/Not-ready-Please-check-your-connection-after-upgrade-to-v12/td-p/2177

For moment, for solved my problem, I uninstall Teamviewer12 and I install Teamviewer11, if you want, I can uninstall TV11 and reinstall TV12 for send to you the log files.

And this is the replied from TV Devs:

Code:
Thank you for getting back to us.

We got some news from our developers that this is, unfortunately, a known problem in the current version. Our developers are working on this matter.
We will contact you as soon as we receive further information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Yes, now I use TV11 in all of my computers, and works fine.

About AnyDesk, is a bad notice that can't works fine with Maui....

Best regards!!!!
TV12 for you =    Sad

AD for me =   Sad
Yes.... Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5