Maui Forums

Full Version: Maui Linux needs to be MORE ACTIVE to capture the Linux Mint KDE Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hi Guys,

Theres been a HUGE upset to the KDE Users of the Linux Mint KDE distribution as it has been set to be Discontinued after the LM 18.3 Release.

This would be a HUGE OPPORTUNITY to capture this market of Users thus propelling Maui Linux to a Higher status and increased funding of the Project.

I'm hoping you take advantage of this timing as I love Maui Linux very much and would like to see it flourish!

Cheers,

Zubin Parihar
Here is an example of what Linux Mint KDE users are saying in their forum:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p...&p=1382694
I am a old Mint user, chage to Maui when Mint upgrade to KDE 5, since this moment, only user Maui.

Yes, its good iddea indicate to Mint users the Maui option, thanks a one user, I know Maui (and know maui in mint forum).
There are unfortunately other plans. Maui isn't going to release new ISO releases so new users might be better off using Netrunner instead of Maui to get the newest Desktop out of the box.
We will keep the package repos up to date in backports for our users so they can continue to use Maui with Ubuntu / Neon and our Backports repos.
That is all I can say for now.
(17th November 2017, 13:52)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]There are unfortunately other plans. Maui isn't going to release new ISO releases so new users might be better off using Netrunner instead of Maui to get the newest Desktop out of the box.
We will keep the package repos up to date in backports for our users so they can continue to use Maui with Ubuntu / Neon and our Backports repos.
That is all I can say for now.

Hi Leslak,

Why is this?
Is this a funding issue?
Lack of resources?

Are you saying that development of Maui is still happening but you have to download an old ISO and then run an update to the latest packages?

Or are you saying that Maui development is no longer happening and we're just getting the updates from the neon repositories?

What do you been by other plans?
I think we will do an announcement about this. But for now I cannot tell you more. We decided to concentrate more on Netrunner which means Maui will not get as much attention as it got before. This means we will support it until 16.04 and Neon supports it. After that I am not sure.
Ohh, Maui not continued?
Its not possible???!!!!

Team Maui concetrate more en Netrunner and Maui, in the future, not continued?

I don't know much netrunner, but I go to page for view and know about netrunner and decide if change to netrunner or...

That you suggest leszek?

I've tried other distros, Maui I like it a lot, a lot, its stability, how it works, its package of programs ... really it's a pity this news ...
Netrunner is defacto the same as Maui but based on Debian.
(17th November 2017, 14:15)leszek Wrote: [ -> ]I think we will do an announcement about this. But for now I cannot tell you more. We decided to concentrate more on Netrunner which means Maui will not get as much attention as it got before. This means we will support it until 16.04 and Neon supports it. After that I am not sure.

Hi, 

you are joking, aren't you. Some times ago you announced proudly maui and pushed the most users to use now maui instead of netrunner. And now we should go back to netrunner????

This isn't a goog strategy and it's no serious way to handle the users. 

Frustated!
Dieter
Quote:And now we should go back to netrunner????
No one is telling you to go back to Netrunner. You can still further on stay on Maui and have the ability to even switch to Neon if you like to. This can be done by adjusting the repositories very simply.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9