Maui Forums

Full Version: Someone with Teamviewer 12?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi,
I use teamviewer since a few years ago.
Well, a few weeks ago, Teamviewer are upadte to version 12.
I have problems with this version, but I don't know if its cause of Teamviewer or for Maui.
With version 11, all works fine.
With version 12, always that restart my computer I can't loggin in my account trough buttom of teamviewer, are disabled.
I need reinstall teamviewer for works.
If suspend my computer, when restart, works fine, only its when restart or shutdown computer.

I don't have other distro for test, all my computers have Maui.

Regards.
Hi wonder, how are you? Yes i also have used TV for years, & also recently upgraded 11 to 12. The problem you're experiencing might be due to the TV daemon not starting [some previous TV versions also had this annoying problem]. See if this helps you.

1. In Konsole now, do sudo teamviewer --daemon start ... then retry your TV connection.
2, In Maui's Settings, Startup & Shutdown, Autostart ... create new entry "sudo teamviewer --daemon start".

Fingers crossed!
By the way, once you've solved your TV problem, i wonder [heehee] if you might be able to help me pls? There is a new prospective competitor to TV, called AnyDesk. I am keen to test it, but so far every time i try it, it refuses to connect for me. AnyDesk [the company] so far have not replied to my emails [been waiting a few weeks]. It is installed [also TV] on both my Tower & Lappy, & both exhibit the same unhappy behaviour with AD. Would you be interested in trying it on your pc's & letting me know if it works for you pls?
(9th January 2017, 3:29)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi wonder, how are you? Yes i also have used TV for years, & also recently upgraded 11 to 12. The problem you're experiencing might be due to the TV daemon not starting [some previous TV versions also had this annoying problem]. See if this helps you.

1. In Konsole now, do sudo teamviewer --daemon start ... then retry your TV connection.
2, In Maui's Settings, Startup & Shutdown, Autostart ... create new entry "sudo teamviewer --daemon start".

Fingers crossed!

Hi kdemeoz! A pleasure to read to you!!!
I want to try your solution now but....I restart the computer 2 times, and shutdown my computer other 2 times and...today, always that I restarted my computer, works fine TV. 
Incredible!! Since I upgrade to version 12 I have this problem, and it turns out that now, right now, I've shut down and rebooted my computer and it worked fine...
But I'm sure that, tomorrow always fail, if I remember well, in some time, one restart TV was works fine, are not 100% of times that I restart computer.
When fail, I try this solution and comment.

kdemeoz Wrote:By the way, once you've solved your TV problem, i wonder [heehee] if you might be able to help me pls? There is a new prospective competitor to TV, called AnyDesk. I am keen to test it, but so far every time i try it, it refuses to connect for me. AnyDesk [the company] so far have not replied to my emails [been waiting a few weeks]. It is installed [also TV] on both my Tower & Lappy, & both exhibit the same unhappy behaviour with AD. Would you be interested in trying it on your pc's & letting me know if it works for you pls?
Yes, of course, a pleasure can help to you Smile
Tomorrow install AnyDesk in my 2 computers and start the tests Smile

Regards!!!!!!!!!!!!
I suspect that sometimes TV needs the reboot before it writes that daemon command into the KDE/Plasma AutoStart section. Have you had a look to see if it has now "magically" appeared there? If it has, then that's the likely reason that the problem has "magically" fixed itself. That's what happened to me [i think] with one TV version when i still used Mint 17.x KDE4.
(9th January 2017, 3:55)kdemeoz Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect that sometimes TV needs the reboot before it writes that daemon command into the KDE/Plasma AutoStart section. Have you had a look to see if it has now "magically" appeared there? If it has, then that's the likely reason that the problem has "magically" fixed itself. That's what happened to me with one TV version when i still used Mint 17.x KDE4.

I go to Maui's [i]Settings, Startup & Shutdown, Autostart but not view any, but I'm sure, if works tomorrow (for example) "magically" has writte in some part.... 

About AnyDesk, I can't wait to tomorrow Smile

I have installed in my computer with Maui and by remote control, I installed also in my work computer that this computer have win.
Works fine, I can managed the work computer trough my house computer.
Tomorro (now I can't access to my other work computer) I install, this other computer have also Maui, and start tests.

Regards!![/i]
WONDER,
sudo apt purge teamviewer
or
sudo dpkg -r --force teamviewer
Then...
sudo rm -r ~/.local/share/teamviewer12
sudo rm -r ~/.config/teamviewer
sudo rm -r /etc/teamviewer
Make sure you don't have any older teamviewer files in those directories.

Now this is how I installed Teamviewer.
Downloaded v12.0.71510 (deb 32-Bit / 64-Bit Multiarch)
sudo dpkg -i teamviewer''xxxxxxxx
if
you have any problems installing....
sudo apt -f install.
If you are still having problems...
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
Then install.

kdemeoz,
Had a look at that any desk website and it looks interesting.
First time I have heard of it.
Might give a go in the next week or so.
Will let you know how it goes.
:-) thanks.
(9th January 2017, 13:03)Pliny.D.Elder Wrote: [ -> ]WONDER,
sudo apt purge teamviewer
         or
sudo dpkg -r --force teamviewer
        Then...
sudo rm -r ~/.local/share/teamviewer12
sudo rm -r ~/.config/teamviewer
sudo rm -r /etc/teamviewer
Make sure you don't have any older teamviewer files in those directories.

Now this is how I installed Teamviewer.
Downloaded v12.0.71510 (deb 32-Bit / 64-Bit Multiarch)                    
sudo dpkg -i teamviewer''xxxxxxxx
                   if
you have any problems installing....
sudo apt -f install.
If you are still having problems...
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
Then install.
I uninstall with sudo apt purge teamviewer, deleted all older teamviewer files and directories.
Install with sudo dpkg -i teamviewer.... without any problem.

When restart I have the same problem.

x kdemeoz:

With sudo teamviewer --daemon start not works, I have the same problem...

Regards.
Could you try: sudo -s
teamviewer --daemon enable
systemctl enable teamviewerd.service
systemctl start teamviewerd.service
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5